09 January 2008

2008

So, I'm a blog slacker but I have a random resolution for 2008. I'm already going strong 8 days in. I want to be able to track my year in pictures and get at least one for each day of the year. I have a feeling it will be a little tricky to keep up on but here goes.

January 1 - I went snowboarding for the first time in my life with a friend from high school. He taught me the ropes and I really enjoyed it. I think I'm definitely a convert from skiing. The face I'm pulling will let you know that I was a little nervous.

2 Jan - My mom and I went to IF for a funeral but it turned out to be a really good day. We decided that when I graduate, I'm moving there to work at a little Maverick on the corner for an "employment adventure." Yee-haw!

3 Jan - Got to do lunch with my sis at work. It looks tiny in the picture, but there was a beautiful sunset that night.

4 Jan - So I must have been sleeping on the way home... I went to help a friend sell stained concrete at a home and garden trade show. I met up with my friend Jonathan from London and we reminisced till maybe 2 but then I had to drive home. (I kept the music turned up.)


5 Jan - Day two at the expo. I almost didn't go for fear the weather would be horrible. It was ultra windy but never snowed till I was well-home. I got to go to a London market and it nearly moved me to tears to see clotted cream and Marmite again.


6 Jan - We got loads of snow, so I skipped out on heels for the day and wore boots to church. Despite my wonderment, everyone assured me they were completely appropriate for the day. This was right before I had to head back to school.


7 Jan - Back to school blues... I really like school but I always stress out the first week because I'm never sure how my schedule's going to treat me. Just like normal, it was quickly back to the routine - lots of time with my computer.

8 Jan - So while I'm in school I decided to wait tables. This is my fancy-bones uniform. I picked waitressing because I love design and wanted to do something completely different for work while I finish up school so I don't burn out.

Well, that's it kids! We'll see if I can keep up and be creative.

No comments: