02 February 2008

Here we go again

So it looks like I was being really tough by donating blood but it was a pretty crazy experience this time around. I had run 6 miles earlier that day and was most likely pretty dehydrated because my body didn't like the fact that I was taking away 11% of its blood. I nearly passed out a couple of times and it made me sick. Oh well, I get tougher each time I donate.




The most exciting part of this day was that it was so-o-o cold. You couldn't hardly talk to anyone because all the steam would get in the way. (Not that you can see it in the picture, but it was there.) My whole face was always frozen.



The best part of today was that I stumbled upon ten lucky days! Other than that, it was just cold.



So the second I got to school, I realized that I had forgotten the one thing I needed in order to work on my fat floor plan. It was all ok though because I had on my killer boots, I avoided the sidewalk and took the alternate route home through the snow.



These flowers are from my grandma's funeral. They lasted almost a month and were really pretty. The daisies she 'gave' me are still kickin' it.




I had to buy this killer-huge roll of brown paper for a package I sent to ol' London. Conveniently, I also had some gift wrapping to do so I made the most of both worlds and wrapped up my sister's b-day gift like so --


Yes, that's a lei! It was our friend's birthday and she's not the type to particularly enjoy winter - so we threw her a luau. We hung up all kinds of streamers, sea horses, shells, a palm tree and pineapple... Ate some smoothies and Hawaiian haystacks.




So this was a pretty eventful day. It was all kinds of crazy at work but then I got home and took my clean laundry out of the car to fold and stash. Come to find out, those jeans I had put in the dryer...weren't quite as dry as everything else. They were pretty solid.




I got to go out with some of my favorite buddies from high school. It's a once a month thing that we've been trying to keep up on and have actually been pretty good about it. We went to Callaways - really good, authentic Italian food.



The snow is cold! Yikes for living in Logan. If you can't tell I have on my reg. rags but I also have on a hoodie, scarf, coat, etc.



Jana and I took a field trip to Salt Lake, mostly for a birthday bash for my friend Jonathan, but also to hit up the shops. We made it to the Gateway and stumbled upon C.G. Sparks. (It's an awesome furniture store (which was closed) whose owner (who was on his way home from India (which is where they get a fat chunk of their inventory)) we met at one of our design seminars) (The other owner was there and was so happy to see us!) We also stopped for some quick grub after the party and ran into Elase Medical Center (which is the real version of a project we worked on at school.) I left my camera at home, so the best I could do was my camera phone.



Jana and I were livin' up the luau theme (which is still up in our kitchen) with a couple of fruit smoothies (yes, in mason jars) (they're gonna be famous one day.)



Sometimes I practice my guitar. I'm going to be good at it one day -- maybe not while I'm still in school but when I graduate, maybe I'll have time for some lessons.



Sometimes, in Logan... it snows!
(this was far less than the remains of a snow storm from about a 3-minute walk)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the picture of you and the guitar. Super star! Should print that one off. Also like the one with you and my b-day package. Sexy-rexy! Ow ow!