21 July 2008

...been a blog time - wa ha ha

Congratulations all my blogging friends; you have inspired me to remember that it's no fun to check up on a paralyzed blog. Therefore, this is me mobilizing mine.

So as we all know, life gets pretty crazy from time to time and you often can't tell what the far end of the tightrope you're walking on is connected to. But the good news is, that's the perfect recipe for an adventure.

Speaking of adventures, I'd like to thank a buddy of mine for this recent suggestion, "Stac, just decide that your life is your own adventure. Every day might only have one little part that's exciting but it's all yours. Your own adventure."

I sometimes forget to realize that you don't have to go very far to find something worthwhile. So thanks also to my friend who invited me to a group called "what do you delight in?" It really got me thinking and I realize just how blessed I am. A couple of things I delight in:

  • People. I absolutely love people. If I could get paid for just getting to know as many people as I could, as well as i could...I would quit my day job. I love the people that are always there for me. My family tops the charts for that A) Because they all have my address memorized and B) We're all into the same stuff. (fun stuff)
  • I also delight in the things people are capable of. I have this thing for architecture. One of my favorite things in the world is to design places. I know plenty of recipes for design but it never ceases to amaze me when I walk into one.
  • Speaking of recipes - I also delight in those. Either good ones or the lack thereof... when new ones are invented. (Like this weekend when I realized I didn't have one for bombshell cookies, so I made up a new version - bombshell cookies the sequel)
  • I love water: water bottles, water balloons, water sports, car washes, washing machines
  • Flip FloPs!
  • I love potential - like the shabby DI table I bought which is bound for greatness.
  • Blueberries
  • Making things
  • Little kids (http://youtube.com/watch?v=wgrrQwLdME8)
  • I love rear-view mirrors. Whoever invented them --> good idea. Imagine how crazy of a driver I'd be with all the blind spots my car possesses and no mirrors to remedy
  • I also (probably) love hard hats. A) they protect your head and B) If you are wearing one, that most likely means you are someone who needs one. (Referring to the site visit I got to do today for my job in SLC. I also love site visits)

  • I really like the Meridien Condo's. One of our clients is purchasing a place here. It is at the very bis top of the avenues and is bound to be stinking brilliant.
  • Last but not least, if I didn't mention it before, I really like creative architecture. Like the invisible portion of this building. I seriously would have never thought of that.
  • Oh, and lest I forget...I also love good music. Good as in good...and good as in music with guts.
  • Seriously lastly, I do love official adventures. I always have one in the works whether I actually plan on going through with them or not... But I love when they actually happen.

9 comments:

Carly said...

girl it was time for an update! i loved reading this post. you have always found the adventures in even the little things and i love that about you. you look very official in your hard hat, i got to wear one at work once and i know i felt important :) hope you're loving your job and everything in salt lake. we need to meet for lunch one saturday or something. i miss you!

Mandi said...

Stac you are so cute! Thanks for updating! I've been wondering what you've been up to.

Hollie said...

Stacie-
I don't know if you remember me, but if you do, you can check out my fam on my blog hollnrob.blogspot.com
I have a 6 month old! Can you even believe that?

sara and wade said...

stac!! it is SO GREAT to hear from you sister!! you look so great and it looks like you are having a FABULOUS time at school! hope you don't mind that i add you and keep in touch! you are absolutely gorgeous and fun as always! love ya!

Unknown said...

YEAH! I am glad you are back...I almost stopped checking your blog. :) Love your list. You seriously are such an interesting person, I love learning everything about you.

mrs. jar said...

Stacie,
You are so dang cute and very talented might I add. I could totally use some inspiration in home decor'. I love it, but am just not creative enough I'm afraid. Anyway, I just found your blog through Kelley's and wanted to say Hi.

Jen Adair said...

I love the new post, it love the inspiration quote, everyday is an adventure! Thanks for being there for some of mine:)

Gavin/Katie said...

Stac! You have to email me about the Meridien Condos. One of my agents is the one who has these listed and we were just up there! They are amazing! katiestone@windermere.com

Ben and Camille said...

just found your cute blog! love it! i'm adding it to our page:)