25 May 2007

My First Few Days

I arrived in London at about 10 am and was planning to stay up till 10 pm to avoid jet lag. It worked pretty well but I got tired in the day and needed to kill time. What a place to kill time! I started out at Trafalgar Square. It was really cool, I was excited to go to the national gallery because it was free. I was a little bitter about the $115 I turned in for £43 so didn't want to spend one pence. The gallery was way worth the money I didn't spend on it and it was really cool to see all that famous art. I saw things like the Arnolfini Wedding Portrait, lots of stuff by classic painters as well as things by Monet, Manet and Van Gogh. It was awesome. Also went to Picadilly Circus. The next day, I tried to catch a group from the ward for a temple trip but got ruddy lost by going straight the wrong way a good 10 blocks, then had to run back. When I arrived at the church, I was well late and missed the group but across the street were some good things to see. I went to the Science Museum in South Kensington and the V&A. The V&A had some awesome famous furniture and lots of paintings, sculpture, etc. I bet most people don't even appreciate that furniture in there. I was thinking, "hey baby, can I touch you." hehe. The science museum was awesome too. I went to see the IMAX film about the ocean and walked all around the seven floors of the thing. I spent time running in Hyde Park which was lovely and HuGe! I believe it's far better than the Hyde Park that I used to live in, a.k.a. cache valley. There's a lake or maybe river that runs right by it and swans and paddle boats on the water. People bring soccer balls, roller blades, dogs and of course, picnicks. It was lovely.

No comments: