25 May 2007

A Night in the City

I thought it would be good to pick up some touristy souveniers from Picadilly Circus for my family and then I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. I'm sure it was a really good idea to follow through with that idea at 8:30 at night. When I got off the tube, the fun was just beginning. I hopped from shop to shop and found most of what I had scoped out before to purchase. After about half an hour though, the place was more like Vegas on steroids. Girls dressed as fairies and drunks were all over the place and it was way hard to maneuver my purse and bags without getting mugged. Sometimes I'd have to stop in a shop just to escape the crowd. I was so relieved when I finally made it onto the tube and darn tired when I made it back to my flat. I made friends with the little shop keeper around the corner from my place and he would always tell me a new candy bar to pick out since I didn't know any of them. Though the general public here appears stone-faced, everyone is really nice if you actually stop to talk to any of them.

No comments: