14 January 2009

...what in the world I've been up to(?)

So this post has nothing to do with life or Christmas,  job, plans, future, love, or anything... It's just what's been happening. 

For starters, this is my adorable niece! I must confess, I have seen the picture about a million times but it is brand new funny every time I see it. 

The way I break it down follows: 
1 part - Duck Tales
1 part - Clark Kent
725 parts - Kylin!




Next in what's been happening - my cute cute (London) Aussie friends came to visit over the holidays. That's Esther on the left and Larissa on the right. We made sure to hit up all the best American things: Snowboarding, Temple Square, driving on the freeway, Cafe Rio and ...Twinkies & Pop Tarts(?) (who would have known, right?) I wish I could remember all their jargon such as:
   "get in!" (translation: "Awesome")
   "stick it" (= "crashing on the mountain")
   "as if I..." (= "I can't believe I...")





I am withholding names of this famed Utah Retail Wonder, in case any of you are fans... But here's my family's opinion of having too much of a "good" thing.



Props to Mike for discovering this Wonder. Please notice the general lack of arm on the statue - no wonder the poor kid's upset. Here's Mike's version of "Statue Boy."




Next on the list of recent events: I acquired a (lovely) (velvet) (pink) chair+ottoman when I moved into my apartment and have been meaning to re-upholster the pair. I FINALLY made it to the ottoman and I think it's looking pretty divine.  (See the contrasting armchair behind?)



I recently discovered public transportation in Utah. Although it's not much compared to it's european counterparts, I am pretty convinced of the Front Runner. As you can tell, I thoroughly enjoyed myself with a little music and relaxation. (Not to mention the fact that they have wi-fi + plenty of outlets... - I recharged my phone, laptop...)  



OK, this is probably just an inside joke I have with myself but lastly is this picture. This is one of my favorite times of day to be driving! I love when the sun hits really low on the horizon and the shadows of our cars look like a kids video game. It's like I'm always waiting for the last car shadow to jump the one in front of it and then it gets 500 points.

4 comments:

kelsey gallo said...

stacie that last picture is awesome...so funny! how did you get that shot?

Stacie said...

Haha, ...i took it while driving. (eek) :)

Jen Adair said...

It's about time for a new post:) Love the ottoman! Well done!

Martha said...

You have a great blog!