The first thing I thought about the tower was, "wow that thing is ugly." (This is my favorite picture I caught of it) I had learned it was brown instead of the grey we all think of after my pal Cassi went there.
It was a bummer; however, when I actually looked at it I realized again, how beautiful the details were!It was definately an educational boat ride...but between the glimpses of French, my tiredness and the four 8 year olds who were giggling across from me, trying not to make eye contact so they wouldn't be teased my their buddies...I didn't learn a whole lot. I'll give the watered down version of all that I absorbed.
This was one of many fancy bridges along the river. There are so many beautiful bridges on the Seine.
This was obviously important because of the gold statue in front of it! I'm also pretty sure I should know what that is because of the sweet glass ceiling. That's totally bomb.
Who cares if this guy is famous or not, all I know is that it's got a sweet clock in the front of it! Just kidding, I'm wishing I knew more about it all.
Of course, of course, this is the Notre Dame Cathedral. I couldn't believe the amount of detail put into that thing. More than that, I can't believe that it was all created a long time ago, without all our modern-day technology.
This was my favorite thing that I learned about on the tour. It is Paris's thinnest building. I can't believe how tiny it is. It's basically a glorified alleyway but it's famous, a.k.a. cool
I'm pretty sure this is the building on the other side of the Louvre. That was one other thing I wanted to see but it wasn't worth it to miss my departing train, my group and my mind. Now I have a good excuse to go back.
...all I know is that this girl thought this building was the 'crowning' event of her trip. (sheesh, two thumbs down for a pun shoved in every spare corner) :)
I made sure to snap a shot of me dominating the Eiffel Tower.
It's not as big as it thinks.
This is me and 'the boat.'
No comments:
Post a Comment