04 June 2007
Behold the British
I spent lots of time during the weekend with Simon and his mum. She is the English mother of 11 kids and proud of it! I spent the first few hours with her talking about her sorry friend that decided :( it was the right thing to do to move her family to America. She just couldn't understand why. She proceeded to tell me how the children left the church and how some want to come back to the MotherLand. We also talked about racial prejuices and how she heard that America was the greatest democracy in the world but that because of the prejudices we have in this country, that couldn't be true. In spite of her comments of 'typical Americans' (which I am trying very hard not to be) and her country pride, she was a nice lady. I loved how much her family seems to 'get on' (get along) with one another and it makes me think of what a party it would be to have that many kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment