It was the first time I'd been stuffed onto the tube. There was a 'friendly' between London and Brazil and the direction of the game was the same as the direction of my apartment. I had to wait for 3 trains to go and since I was in no hurry to make it home, I let them fly. But by the time the next one came, I decided I was on there! I got in the middle of a group that was getting on and just sort of moved on with them. I got home just in time to wait for an hour to get ready to go to the stake dance.The dance was crazy/fun. Apparently it wasn't that well attended.But they had about the same turnout as the dances back home only the crowd was a few years older... People did come from as far as 2 hours just to get shakin'.
(L to R: Margaret, Mary, Catherine, Jonathan, Stacie, Andy, girl, Parry)
Saturday was the first time I allowed myself to sleep in! It was really great. I got together with a group of kids from the ward. Most of them are from the States, even Utah. We went to a place called Monument, which is the largest freestanding Doric column (i believe) in the world.

Saturday was the first time I allowed myself to sleep in! It was really great. I got together with a group of kids from the ward. Most of them are from the States, even Utah. We went to a place called Monument, which is the largest freestanding Doric column (i believe) in the world.

You can go up the spiral staircase (311 steps) inside of it...
(L to R: boy, Jonathan, Stacie)
...and get a fantastic view of the city. You can see city hall, the Silver bullet, Lloyds of London, The Bridge and tons of other things.
It's over 200 feet tall. 
...and those are the toes that climbed it!
We also went to the Maritime Museum and up the hill to the Royal Observatory to see the Isle of Dogs (where they used to keep the hunting dogs so they wouldn't wake up the royal familyon hunting morning) and some fancy University.

All this was in Grenwich where the Prime Meridian lays. Who says you can't be in two places at once!

We had stake conference this weekend and went to the Saturday night session after which, I went to Sansbury's with Simon and his Mom to buy food for a Sunday picnic.
No comments:
Post a Comment