11 June 2007

FAST Sunday

Today was fast Sunday. We skipped meals but we also hustled to church... on our bikes! It was my first experience cycling in the city and it was the first time I'd been in the streets on the wrong side. It was a really great trip and despite the fact that it was downhill most of the way to church, it was still a good ride home...and most of it was, surprisingly, downhill. Once I learned to shift the fancy bike, I was in good shape.
We only made one car mad, who Mike drove slowly in front of for the next mile or so, just to aggrevate it. I was left to navigate our journey through unfamiliar territory. Aaah! We rode through Hyde Park, past the Albert (Queen Victoria's husband) Memorial as well as Kensington Gardens and Kensington Palace, where Princess Diana used to live. We rode past this place where everyone was preaching on little ladders and boxes.
After church we cooked up a storm. Cold cereal, quiche, pasta and broccoli for Simon and 'crisp sandwiches', toast, and pizza for Mike. I threw in a starfruit which tastes somewhere between an apple and a grape. Good times in our kitchen. Simon donated some hot cross buns for dessert. (And I snuck in some swiss dark chocolate as well.)

No comments: