01 June 2007
The best part of this job
The best part of this job is when it's any kind of a 'special day' for anyone. This mainly includes birthdays but yesterday was Tom's last day working here. He's been here for 3 years and is moving to New York to sell make-up yikes. Anyway, we had this stellar going away party which meant that the office bought a huge bowl of strawberries and lots of other 'cakes and sweets.' The line up included, but is not limited to: strawberries and cream plus chocolate dipping sauce, stellar bread pudding (probably the best i've ever had - with a crisp/chewey caramel top and clotted cream on top) plenty of pastries - one like mini baklava with brown sugar streuselish stuff, one with creamy vanilla-y puddingy filling and chocolate on top, eclairs, strawberry shortcake pies, strawberry trifle, the best macaroons I've ever met, chocolate/vanilla cookies, mini apple pies, did I mention the clotted cream?!, scones, muffins, wheat-free wafer cookies, chocolate rum balls and clotted cream. Basically, I wish I could have saved some for later because my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Sheesh. All I have to say is way to go for the British bakeries!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment